Osteoarthritis is a serious degeneration of the cartilage in the joint, without infection. This disease is very common, since it is directly linked with the start of the ageing processes in the body. They often suffer from slightly more than 10% of the population. Most often this disease occurs in people of middle age. Osteoarthritis commonly appears in those who are younger, due to broken limbs and injuries.
One of the most dangerous of places — the knee and phalangeal joints. The disease is often occurs there. The patient for a period of time, you can really feel the pain. The pain may occur in situations where the total influence on a certain strain. If the load is absent, the pain may also be absent, and the patient shall be don't you think that it is sick.
As a result of this disease, the cartilage loses its elasticity a lot. In general, there are 2 types of osteoarthritis.
- Primary osteoarthritis of the. Occur without any specific reason. His victims were of the cartilage, which is found in the joints, at the same time. The most commonly seen in people over the age of 40 years. Because of this major change, the cartilage begins to break down simply from the inside;
- The secondary arthrosis. In this, the osteoarthritis of the changes in metabolism and circulation (blood flow and salt exchange to get worse). Also, women tend to be found, hormonal disorders, due to General changes in the hormonal levels.
That is the most commonly suffer from arthritis:
- People who are overweight;
- People with a congenital predisposition to the disease;
- The elderly
- The people who work in a dangerous job with a high stress;
- People with metabolic disorders and the lack of micro-nutrients in the body;
- People who have suffered a variety of injuries;
- Some of the students.
The proportion of the degree of arthrosis according to the severity of the disease.
- The manifestation of arthritis of the first degree is not accompanied by any visible symptoms. The pain may occur only during physical activity. However, irreversible changes, and the weakening of the muscular system, and they are already at that point;
- Arthrosis of the second stage. In this stage it is very serious, and it is associated with the irreversible deformation of the joint, and the first appearance of osteophytes. The pain felt by the patient, more tolerant, but clearly expressed. In the affected joints of the sound. Is not the operation of the muscle;
- Arthrosis of the third degree. The most difficult stage of its development. The cartilage at this time is already severely depleted. The muscles under the torn cartilage to substantially lose the ability to enter into a contract.
The signs of osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis has the following general characters:
- Apple juice of the pain, worse from cold and damp weather;
- The joint is deformed, and greatly increased in volume;
- The higher the temperature of the skin around the diseased joint, and also the increase of the temperature of the whole body;
- There is a swelling, they are painful and swelling;
- During the exercise, and the appearance of all of the load, such as climbing a flight of stairs), the joint starts to crackle and creak.
When, in the course of the disease, the blood stagnates, and to the inside of the bone, the pressure increases, the pain may be less portable.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis of the
Osteoarthritis is often attributed to a group of chronic diseases. It is often occur over a period of several years, and where there is only mild discomfort during the tension of the muscles and joints. But it so happens that the rapid development of the disease it is sufficient for a number of months. Therefore, the occurrence of these symptoms, they should immediately go to the doctor.
- It comes up the the pain pain. Most often it is reflected in the regulations;
- The pain and the cracking. The pain is most often seen at low temperatures. Crunch at first, almost inaudible, but with the development of the disease, which can become audible to others;
- Occur of swelling. This symptom is characterized by the similar of the disease of arthritis. This is accompanied by unpleasant pain to the pain.
The prevention of osteoarthritis
For the prevention of these diseases, it is necessary for anyone with at least a predisposition to it. For the first time, we should not forget about physical activity, as well as the fritters in total, remains more fluid, and the muscles retain their ability to gracefully decline. Don't forget that a proper diet, and getting enough of the vitamin.
The treatment of osteoarthritis of the
The treatment of this disease is still a topical problem, which has puzzled the doctors. Although we have developed a large number of medications that will completely cure the disease, and not all of them. Listed below are the drug and its purpose.
- Ibuprofen, diclofenac, and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These medications can significantly reduce inflammation. Diclofenac is used to lubricate the external portion of the patient's joint;
- The introduction of a particular substance within the joint. These drugs are characterized by a rapid elimination of the inflammatory process, and the normalization of the mobility;
- An introduction to the inside of a joint of a special "grease", such as hyaluronic acid. This is the measure of the true after you have eliminated all inflammatory processes. The acid acts as a lubricant, significantly reduces friction of joints, and improves mobility.
Surgery in the exacerbation of the disease
If the medication does not help to resort to surgery. Among them, the most effective, and they are listed in the table below.
- Arthroplasty. It is a complete replacement of the cartilage of the joint is a specially designed ring. The result of this operation reduces pain and improves mobility;
- Arthroscopy. To prevent a total destruction. The result of the surgery are removed, inflammation;
- Prosthetics. In this case, all the parts of the joint is completely replaced with artificial components. These components are made of materials that do not reiciendis of the body. The life span of the prosthesis in an average of 10 years.
If the disease is aggravated, you should not delay surgical intervention due to progressive arthritis can be a very serious impact on the mobility of the.
After the adoption of the medications and surgeries, do not forget to exercise. The results of such exercises, it is necessary to prevent the weakening of the bond. Of a variety of exercises, it is best to check with your health care provider. An experienced practitioner will choose the exercises that will be performed the week after the end of the pain. The result of the exercise, you will restore your mobility, increase the flexibility and strength of the muscles and joints.